Wanted: Small Animal Veterinarian
Do you like wine? and snow? and Taco Bell? Then this job could be the one for you!
We’ve researched all the buzz words for hiring someone and these are the ones we require from you.
Dedicated, friendly, motivated, friendly, skilled, friendly, enthusiastic, friendly, good communicator, friendly, easy-going, friendly, organised, friendly.
We’d love someone who is driven to build rapport with clients and staff. Who can apply the knowledge and skill they have, and is open to learning what they have not yet learnt.
We also require someone who eagerly participates in Secret Santa. This is not negotiable. At all.
What we have to offer.
We are a 100% small animal clinic, so if your dream is to give an elephant a hysterectomy then keep driving. However, if you enjoy all the usual ‘vetty’ stuff plus every emergency you could possibly imagine then we’ve got you covered.
We’re kinda unique in that we are open 7 days a week (Sat and Sun being our emergency only days). The rest of the week being a melting pot of routine surgeries/consults, vaccinations and the occasional ex lap because a Labrador inhaled a tampon.
Situated on the main throughfare in Orange, in a leafy street (there’s a tree outside), our practice is a converted federation building with three spacious consult rooms, huge staffroom, large reception area, admin office, lab, separate cat and dog wards, x-ray room, dental room, surgery room, large treatment room and a toilet with a door that mostly works.
We have most of the mod cons and some cons that were once mod. We have a lab kitted out with the fanciest of diagnostic machines for your blood analysing pleasure. The latest and greatest in x-ray/US technology and endoscopic technology, im3 unit plus radiography and a label printer that tries its best and means well.
We are a 5 Vet practice with a range of experience, special interests and expertise. We also have the best vet nurses in Orange (a completely true and unbiased statement) who have varied and backgrounds in many different veterinary fields.
And let’s not forget our rockstar admin team, receptionist, and all our fabulous trainees!
Perks for you.
- Constant supply of cake
- A work-life balance that will be envied by all
- No one ever forgets your birthday and they WILL sing to you
- Plethora of kittens all the time through our adoption program
- Varied and interesting cases
- Supportive environment that promotes growth
- Hungry Jacks is across the road
- New Grads, experienced vets and return to work parents considered
- An ability to fit into and work within a supportive and inclusive environment
- Professionalism with drive and accountability
- Ability to work autonomously at times. (We won’t abandon you until you’re ready)
- A special interest in emergency/weekend shifts will be highly regarded
- Recognising that sometimes it’s your turn to bring cake
- An ability to work with our diverse clientele
If we sound like a place you could see yourself, feel free to send an application to email@example.com and we can discuss creating a job that will fit your needs.